The Charity Cottage Thrift Store, along with Angelo’s Restaurant, and the town of Vinton invites proposals from local professional or amateur artists for a mural. The mural hopes to enhance Downtown Vinton’s aesthetics with an inviting and expressive art piece. Dimensions of mural area are approximately 30 ft long by 10 ft high on the southwest wall of 333 Pollard St. Vinton, Va.
Submissions should consider the history, legacy, and beauty found in the community of Vinton. Though, all types of creative interpretations will be considered. Hand drawn or digital designs will be accepted.
- Artists must submit samples or images of the proposed mural artwork, along with an entry form.
- Entries must be of the artist’s original design and making.
- Design proposals can be submitted:
- In person to the Charity Cottage Thrift Store.
- Online by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sent to: The Advancement Foundation Public Relations 301 S. Pollard St. Vinton, Va 24179
- Paint and brushes will be provided for the artists.
- If chosen, professional artist must have the mural completed by July 1, 2013.
- Amateur artists will be offered assistance in composition and painting of their proposed mural.
May 15th, 2013 – Deadline for entries
May 25th, 2013 – Notification to artist
June 1st, 2013 – Artist can start painting the mural
Judges for the competition will be: Chris Lawrence Vinton town manager, Annette Patterson, president of the Advancement Foundation, and Angelo Linares, owner of Angelo’s Restaurant.